What a great night I had yesterday. I got home just in time to see the New York Rangers defeat the Ottawa Senators in game 7. I also found out that my favorite show currently on television, Fringe, has been renewed for a 5th and final season on Fox.
Onto a few thoughts:
- I love the NFL, but can’t really get into the draft like others can. Even in years where my team drafts later on, I don’t find it all that compelling to watch. It made it even worse when I knew several months ago who the Colts were going to draft. I haven’t seen video of the announcement, and have no desire to. The draft is great for the NFL, ESPN, NFL Network, and the fans who watch…but it is not for me.
- Notre Dame WR Michael Floyd was picked up by the Arizona Cardinals. If they could get a high quality QB, they would be sitting great with two outstanding receivers to throw the ball to. A tandem of Larry Fitzgerald and Floyd could prove deadly.
- NHL Playoffs, round 2, begins tonight with Phoenix hosting Nashville. Two hot goaltenders from the previous round could mean several tight games. Nashville is better though and they win in 5. I’ll also take St. Louis over Los Angeles in 5, New York Rangers over Washington in 6, and Philadelphia over the New Jersey Devils in 7.
- Community spoofed Law and Order on NBC last night and it was simply amazing. As a fan of L&O for years, it was incredible how detailed this episode was. Everything from the intro to the one-liners and the detectives/D.A at the hot-dog stand was well done. This was a gem of an episode. I now have a problem with where to place this episode all time. It surpasses the pillow/blanket fort documentary but was it better than the timeline episode? Tough call.
- All has been pretty quiet on the gaming front lately. Nothing of too much interest, from my perspective, has been happening.